We are looking for a competent Collector with a few years of debt collection experience.
You will struck a balance between ensuring timely payments from debtors and collecting these payments. You restore contact with debtors by visiting them at their house/work and making realistic arrangements. Proactively influencing the payment behavior of the debtor is one of your responsibilities. You point out to the debtor the consequences in case of non-payment. The gathering of information from third parties to determine a new strategy, so that payment can be made, is part of your daily activities. You also ensure that the file is transferred correctly to the Collection Specialists.
Our Collector should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to work independently.
- Ability to present a professional image to customers, co-workers and outside contacts
- Monitor accounts
- Find and contact debtors to ask about their payments
- Take actions and encourage timely payments
- Process payments
- Update account status records
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work well under deadlines
- Collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced, goal-oriented collections department
- Communicate effectively with the debtors
- Ensure that all attempts to recover outstanding debt accounts are pursued with the highest levels of urgency
- Accurately notate debtor account information, every time and attempt has been made to collect debt
- Maintain departmental production standard and adhere to company polices & procedures
- Provide immediate feedback to management in regard to accounts that require ‘special handling’
- Perform additional projects and duties as assigned
- Perform related tasks as assigned by management
- Proven experience as Collector or similar role (minimum of 2 years or recent experience)
- Must posses and maintain a current, valid driver license
- At least Intermediate Vocational Education (MBO) degree required
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in Dutch, English, Spanish and Papiamentu
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Problem-solving skills
- Have good negotiation skills
To apply, just send your application letter and curriculum vitae with a passport photo to our Human Resrouce Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition is not appreciated!